NUR 500Health Assessment (3)
NUR 500AHealth Assessment Lab (0)
NUR 501Evidence-based PH Care Nursing w Chron Ill (4)
NUR 501ANursing Skills Lab (0)
NUR 501CEvidence-based PH Care Nurs Chronically Ill Clinical (1)
NUR 503Evidence-based Population Focused Primary Health Care (3)
NUR 504Evidence-Based Primary Health Care - Nursing with Women and Infants (3)
NUR 505Evidence-Based Primary Health Care - Nursing with Children & Families (3)
NUR 506Evidence-Based Primary Health Care Nur with Mental Illness (3)
NUR 508Evidence-based PH Care - Nursing with Critically Ill Clients (6)
NUR 508ACritical Care Clinical LAB (0)
NUR 508CCritical Care Clinical (0)
NUR 509Primary Health Care Preceptorship (5)
NUR 510Primary Health Care Grad Seminar (1)
NUR 511Evidence-based Pri Health Care With Acutely Ill Clients (4)
NUR 512Evidence-Based Pri Health Care Nurs w/Acutely Ill - Clinical (4)
NUR 514Primary Health Care Clinical Across the Lifespan (4)
NUR 515Professional Roles & Issues (3)
NUR 521Pharmacology and Medication Administration (5)
NUR 521APharmacology and Medication Administration LAB (0)
NUR 531Foundations of Nursing Research & Evidence Based Practice (3)
NUR 632Evidence-Based Nursing Practice and Translational Science (3)
NUR 640Health Care Policy (3)
NUR 710Exploring Leadership in Nursing (3)
NUR 640 & NUR 710 will transfer into the MSN administration, education, and clincal nurse leader tracks if students achieve a grade of “B” or higher and enroll in the program within five years of taking the courses.
To be admitted to the MAGELIN program, students must complete a graduate application, submit a one-page typewritten statement of their goals, complete the prerequisite course table form, complete a successful interview with the program director or designee, and meet the criteria below:
- A non-nursing baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Send an official transcript verifying the degree directly from the institution attended to the Office of Graduate Admission, Mount St. Joseph University, 5701 Delhi Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45233.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher, computed on the undergraduate degree courses and additional prerequisite courses taken beyond the undergraduate degree - or an acceptable score on the GRE.
Completion of the following prerequisite courses with a “C” or higher prior to the first MSN class:
- Chemistry (inorganic/organic/or biochemistry) with lab
- One year of Anatomy and Physiology with lab
- Microbiology with lab
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to Statistics
- Lifespan Development (infant/child, adolescent, adult)
- Complete a satisfactory background check.
- Complete all clinical health requirements.
***Effective July 1, 2014, the College of Mount St. Joseph became Mount St. Joseph University. Any reference within the catalog to the College will be understood to be a reference to Mount St. Joseph University after July 1, 2014, unless otherwise noted.***