Biology/Chemistry Foundation Courses - 19 hours
BIO 111Principles of Biology I (4) N/CN
BIO 111APrinciples of Biology I (LAB) (0) N/CN
BIO 112Principles of Biology II (4) N
BIO 112APrinciples of Biology II (LAB) (0) N
BIO 204Biology Seminar (2)
CED 220Foundations of Professionalism (1)
CHE 111General Chemistry I (3) N/CN
CHE 111AGeneral Chemistry I (LAB) (1) N/CN
CHE 112General Chemistry II (3) N/CN
CHE 112AGeneral Chemistry II (LAB) (1) N/CN
Biology Electives - 29 hours
- 20 hours must be courses with corequisite laboratories
- 15 hours must be 300 level courses
- No more than eight 100 level hours may be used to fulfill this requirement
- Co-op courses are excluded from these 29 hours
Expanded Knowledge and/or Application - 8 hours
Any courses from these areas:
- Forensics (200 level or above)
- Physics (200 level or above)
- Additional Chemistry (200 level or above)
- Additional Biology (200 level or above)
Students who successfully complete the biology major will be able to:
- demonstrate and apply an appropriate knowledge of the terms, concepts, and theories relative to the biological sciences.
- undertake advanced work in industry, secondary education, graduate or professional school.
- be competitive and marketable in a chosen field.
- demonstrate the critical thinking, communication, and research skills needed to excel, particularly in the use of the scientific method to investigate problems and synthesize results in written and oral presentations.