Informatics Core Requirements - 31 Hours
INF 101Seminar - Intro Informatics (1)
INF 110Foundations in Technology (3)
INF 120Principles of Programming I (3)
INF 215Principles of Human Computer Interaction (HCI) (3)
INF 218Fundamentals of Search Analytics (3)
INF 230Database Design & Development (3)
INF 348Project Management (3)
INF 372Information Systems (3)
INF 374Technology Ethics and Security (3)
INF 376Systems Analysis & Design (3)
BUS 260Business Research (3)
Health Science/Administration Requirements - 23 Hours
BUS 101Introduction to Business (3)
CIS 135Spreadsheets (3)
BIO 197Human Anatomy and Physiology for the Health Sciences I (4) N
BIO 197AHuman Anatomy and Physiology for the Health Sciences I (LAB) (0) N
BIO 198Human A&P for Hlth Sci II (4) N
BIO 198AHuman Anatomy and Physiology for the Health Sciences II (LAB) (0) N
ETH:PHI 250Health Care Ethics (3) E
NUR 415Health Care Policy (3)
MTH 174Statistics I (3) MA
MTH 176Stats I With SPSS (3) MA
Health Science Informatics Requirements - 17 Hours
INF 240Healthcare Informatics (3)
INF 390Industry Informatics (3)
INF 400Senior Research (1)
(2 hours of INF 400 taken over two semesters is required)
INF Electives - Choose Three Additional INF 200/300/400 courses
Students who successfully complete the Health Science Informatics major will be able to:
- Identify the impact of technology and healthcare information systems on the healthcare environment.
- Describe how healthcare technology information systems can enhance the quality and safety of patient care.
- Design and use healthcare information systems to enhance clinical, administrative, and financial decision making in patient care.
- Analyze issues ranging from storage, retrieval, and interpretation of information in patient care to the implementation and management of complex information systems used in the administration of healthcare.
- Evaluate how technology, legal and ethical issues impact the delivery of healthcare services.