Major Courses - 39 hours
MTH 193Calculus I (4) MA/CMA
MTH 194Calculus II (4) MA
MTH 195Introduction to Math Computing (3)
MTH 220Discrete Mathematics (3) MA
MTH 255Introduction to Linear Algebra (3) MA
MTH 293Calculus III (4) MA
MTH 301Mathematical Modeling (3) MA
MTH 320Probability/Statistics (4) MA
EDU 355Methods of Math Educators (3)
MTH 361Abstract Algebra (3) MA
MTH 391Advanced Calculus (3) MA
MTH 396Cooperative Education Work Experience: Parallel (3) EXP
MTH 496Cooperative Education Work Experience: Alternating (3) EXP
MTH 400Senior Research (1)
(2 hours of MTH 400 taken over two semesters is required)
Choose two of the following Major Courses: (6 hours)
MTH 305College Geometry (3) MA
MTH 310Differential Equations (3) MA
MTH 315Number Theory (3) MA
MTH 325Numerical Analysis (3) MA
Students who successfully complete the mathematics major will be able to:
- independently read and understand mathematics.
- use critical and creative thinking, and logic to solve problems.
- understand the processes in mathematics, methods of formal proof, problem solving techniques and strategies, and applications of computers in mathematics.
- understand the branches of mathematics and how they are related.
- function effectively in a professional workplace related to mathematics or in a graduate program.