Major Courses - 36 hours
MTH 193Calculus I (4) MA/CMA
MTH 194Calculus II (4) MA/CMA
MTH 195Introduction to Math Computing (3)
MTH 220Discrete Mathematics (3) MA
MTH 255Introduction to Linear Algebra (3) MA
MTH 293Calculus III (4) MA/CMA
MTH 301Mathematical Modeling (3) MA
MTH 310Differential Equations (3) MA
MTH 320Probability/Statistics (4) MA
MTH 400Senior Research (1)
(2 hours of MTH 400 taken over two semesters is required)
Choose one from the following courses:
MTH 305College Geometry (3) MA
MTH 315Number Theory (3) MA
MTH 325Numerical Analysis (3) MA
MTH 361Abstract Algebra (3) MA
MTH 391Advanced Calculus (3) MA
Business Courses - 43-45 Hours
ACC 213Principles of Accounting I (3)
ACC 214Principles of Accounting II (3)
CIS 203Business Information Technology (3)
ECO 211Principles of Macroeconomics (3) S
ECO 212Principles of Microeconomics (3) S/CEP
FIN 300Corporate Finance (3)
MGT 300Management/Org Behavior (3)
ETH:REL 251Business Ethics (3) E/CE
ETH:PHI 397Ethical Conduct of Business (3) E/CE
BUS 210Business Law I (3)
MKT 300Principles of Marketing (3)
Choose four additional 200 level or above ECO or FIN courses - 12 hours
Required Co-Op Experience (1-3 Hours)
MTH 396Cooperative Education Work Experience: Parallel (1-3) EXP
Students who successfully complete the mathematics/financial economics major will be able to:
- independently read and understand mathematics.
- understand the processes in mathematics, methods of formal proof, problem solving techniques and strategies, and applications of computers in mathematics.
- understand the branches of mathematics and how they are related.
- apply mathematical concepts to problems in various areas of business such as finance, economics and accounting.
- analyze business situations and make creative, logical and ethical decisions.
- use technology as it is used in business.
- communicate effectively in business situations.
- apply a current and broad-based knowledge of business to the business environment.
- apply awareness of global and social issues in the business environment.