Major Courses - 36 hours
INF 120Principles of Programming I (3)
MTH 193Calculus I (4) MA/CMA
MTH 194Calculus II (4) MA
MTH 220Discrete Mathematics (3) MA
MTH 255Introduction to Linear Algebra (3) MA
MTH 293Calculus III (4) MA
MTH 301Mathematical Modeling (3) MA
MTH 310Differential Equations (3) MA
MTH 320Probability/Statistics (4) MA
MTH 400Senior Research (1)
(2 hours of MTH 400 taken over two semesters is required)
Choose one from the following courses:
MTH 305College Geometry (3) MA
MTH 315Number Theory (3) MA
MTH 325Numerical Analysis (3) MA
MTH 361Abstract Algebra (3) MA
MTH 391Advanced Calculus (3) MA
Business Courses - 43-45 Hours
ACC 213Principles of Accounting I (3)
ACC 214Principles of Accounting II (3)
CIS 203Business Information Technology (3)
ECO 211Principles of Macroeconomics (3) S
ECO 212Principles of Microeconomics (3) S/CEP
FIN 300Corporate Finance (3)
MGT 300Management/Org Behavior (3)
ETH:REL 251Business Ethics (3) E/CE
ETH:PHI 397Ethical Conduct of Business (3) E/CE
BUS 210Business Law I (3)
MKT 300Principles of Marketing (3)
Choose four additional 200 level or above ECO or FIN courses - 12 hours
Required Co-Op Experience (3 Hours)
MTH 396Cooperative Education Work Experience: Parallel (3) EXP
MTH 496Cooperative Education Work Experience: Alternating (3) EXP
Students who successfully complete the mathematics/financial economics major will be able to:
- independently read and understand mathematics.
- understand the processes in mathematics, methods of formal proof, problem solving techniques and strategies, and applications of computers in mathematics.
- understand the branches of mathematics and how they are related.
- apply mathematical concepts to problems in various areas of business such as finance, economics and accounting.
- analyze business situations and make creative, logical and ethical decisions.
- use technology as it is used in business.
- communicate effectively in business situations.
- apply a current and broad-based knowledge of business to the business environment.
- apply awareness of global and social issues in the business environment.