Hours: 79 hours
Major Courses - 37 hours
MTH 191Calculus I (3) MA
MTH 192Calculus II (3) MA
MTH 195Introduction to Math Computing (3)
MTH 220Found Advanced Math (3) MA
MTH 255Introduction to Linear Algebra (3) MA
MTH 291Calculus III (3) MA
MTH 292Calculus IV (3) MA
MTH 301Mathematical Modeling (3) MA
MTH 310Differential Equations (3) MA
MTH 320Probability/Statistics (4) MA
MTH 400Senior Research (1-2)
MTH 402The Pinnacle and Beyond: Math, Computer Science, the Mount, and Society (1) CAP
Choose one from the following courses:
MTH 305College Geometry (3) MA
MTH 315Number Theory (3) MA
MTH 325Numerical Analysis (3) MA
MTH 361Abstract Algebra (3) MA
MTH 391Advanced Calculus (3) MA
Cognate Courses - 42 hours
ACC 213Principles of Accounting I (3)
ACC 214Principles of Accounting II (3)
BUS 101Introduction to Business (3)
BUS 210Business Law I (3)
BUS 260Business Research (3)
CIS 135Spreadsheets (3)
CIS 300Business Info Systems (3)
ECO 211Principles of Macroeconomics (3) S
ECO 212Principles of Microeconomics (3) S
FIN 300Corporate Finance (3)
MGT 300Management/Org Behavior (3)
MKT 300Principles of Marketing (3)
(Co-op recommended but not required)
MTH 396Cooperative Education Work Experience: Parallel (1-3)
ECO 396Cooperative Education Work Experience: Parallel (1-3)
FIN 396Cooperative Education Work Experience: Parallel (1-3)
MTH 496Cooperative Education Work Experience: Alternating (1-3)
Choose one additional ECO or FIN course, 200-level or above(3)
ETH:REL 251Business Ethics (3) E
ETH:PHI 397Ethical Conduct of Business (3) E
Students who successfully complete the mathematics/business administration major will be able to:
- independently read and understand mathematics.
- understand the processes in mathematics, methods of formal proof, problem solving techniques and strategies, and applications of computers in mathematics.
- understand the branches of mathematics and how they are related.
- apply mathematical concepts to problems in various areas of business such as finance, economics and accounting.
- analyze business situations and make creative, logical and ethical decisions.
- use technology as it is used in business.
- communicate effectively in business situations.
- apply a current and broad-based knowledge of business to the business environment.
- apply awareness of global and social issues in the business environment.