Business Core - 39 Hours
ACC 213Principles of Accounting I (3)
ACC 214Principles of Accounting II (3)
BUS 210Business Law I (3)
BUS 352Business Communications I (3)
CIS 203Business Information Technology (3)
ECO 211Principles of Macroeconomics (3) S
ECO 212Principles of Microeconomics (3) S/CEP
FIN 300Corporate Finance (3)
ETH:PHI 397Ethical Conduct of Business (3) E/CE
ETH:REL 251Business Ethics (3) E/CE
MGT 300Management/Org Behavior (3)
MKT 300Principles of Marketing (3)
MTH 174Statistics I (3) MA/CMA
MTH 176Stats I With SPSS (3) MA/CMA
MTH 180Math for Business (3) MA/CMA
MTH 190Concepts of Calculus (3) MA/CMA
Major Courses - 24 hours
ACC 301Intermediate Accounting I (3)
ACC 302Intermediate Accounting II (3)
ACC 304Cost Accounting (3)
ACC 340Taxation I (3)
ACC 403Auditing (3)
ACC 445Accounting Information Systems (3)
Select two from the following - (6 hours)
ACC 330Accounting for Non-Profit and Government Entities (3)
ACC 341Taxation II (3)
ACC 440Theoretical Topics in Accounting (3)
ACC 481Advanced Accounting Problems (3)
Graduates with a major in accounting will:
- Be able to analyze business situations and make creative, logical, and ethical decisions.
- Be skilled users of technologies as used in business.
- Communicate effectively in business situations.
- Have a current and broad-based knowledge of business.
- Apply awareness of global and social issues in the business environment.
- Have a technical knowledge of accounting and auditing principles that enables successful completion of the Certified Public Accountant exam.
- Apply accounting concepts to provide insights to sustain or improve organizational functioning.
- Review, use, and implement automated accounting systems.