Business Core - 39 Hours
ACC 213Principles of Accounting I (3)
ACC 214Principles of Accounting II (3)
BUS 210Business Law I (3)
BUS 352Business Communications I (3)
CIS 203Business Information Technology (3)
ECO 211Principles of Macroeconomics (3) S
ECO 212Principles of Microeconomics (3) S/CEP
FIN 300Corporate Finance (3)
ETH:PHI 397Ethical Conduct of Business (3) E/CE
ETH:REL 251Business Ethics (3) E/CE
MGT 300Management/Org Behavior (3)
MKT 300Principles of Marketing (3)
MTH 174Statistics I (3) MA/CMA
MTH 180Math for Business (3) MA/CMA
MTH 190Concepts of Calculus (3) MA/CMA
Major Requirements - 33 hours
SPM 150Introduction to Sport Management (3)
SPM 185Historical & Socio-Cultural Dimensions in Sport (3)
SPM 240Governance & Policy in Sport (3)
SPM 330Sport Marketing,Promotion and Sales (3)
SPM 380Sport Law (3)
SPM 395Sport Finance & Development (3)
SPM 396Sport Management Internship (3) EXP
SPM 440Current Issues Business of Sport (3)
Choose three of the following - (9 hours)
SPM 225Principles of Athletic Administration (3)
SPM 355New Media & Public Relations (3)
SPM 375Sport Facilities and Event Management (3)
SPM 386International Sport Management (3)
SPM 390Contemporary Sport Leadership (3)
SPM 425H.R. Management in Sport (3)
Residency requirement: 12 credits of upper division major courses (300 and 400 level courses that are not part of the Business Core)
Graduates with a major in sport management will:
- Be able to analyze business situations and make creative, logical, and ethical decisions.
- Be skilled users of technologies as used in business.
- Communicate effectively in business situations.
- Have a current and broad-based knowledge of business.
- Apply awareness of global and social issues in the business environment.
- Be able to integrate concepts from the business disciplines and apply those concepts in the forming solutions to complex sport management issues and problems.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of sport management.