Major Courses - 23 hours
NUR 318Professional Nursing:Concepts and Issues (3)
NUR 319Nursing Informatics (3)
NUR 415Health Care Policy (3)
NUR 416Health Promotion with Vulnerable Populations (4)
NUR 417Exploring Leadership in Nursing (3)
NUR 418Leadership and the Common Good (4)
NUR 431Foundations of Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice (3)
NUR 415 & NUR 417 can be taken at the graduate level with senior status (90 earned credits or more) and a 3.25 GPA. If taken for graduate credit, the undergraduate requirement would be satisfied.
Cognate Courses- 10 hours
BIO 301Pathophysiology (4)
ETH:REL 252Theological Health Care Ethics (3) E/CE
ETH:PHI 250Health Care Ethics (3) E/CE
MTH 174Statistics I (3) MA/CMA
MTH 176Stats I With SPSS (3) MA/CMA
Consult the Nursing Program on Credentialing Policies.
Students must complete the Core requirements and reach a minimum of 120 credits to earn their degree.
Designed especially for registered nurses who wish to earn the BSN degree. The program is taught in two formats: face-to-face and online, in accelerated eight week course sessions. Face-to-face classes are taught in late afternoon/evening timeframes. Classes involve intensive study, close working relationships with the faculty and other students, and innovative opportunities for self-directed learning. The courses build on previous nursing courses with an emphasis on leadership, management, evidence based practice and patient-centered nursing.
The RN-BSN program is designed for individuals who have previously completed an associate degree or diploma in nursing and are licensed registered nurses. Potential students must meet the following requirements:
- Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing from a Regionally Accredited Institution and an accredited nursing program (ACEN).
- Active RN license with no restrictions (does not need to be Ohio).
- A cumulative GPA of 2.50 in previous nursing program and college course work.
- A grade of "C" or better in all prerequisite coursework
- An interview may be requested upon review of your application.
- One year of professional nursing practice (recommended).